Monday, March 20, 2006

The rise of machines...

I was on my knees inspecting the tyre and was worried about a perpetual wobbling problem that was intrinsic with this type. The other six players had much sturdier ones and I wasn’t sure whether I would be able to reach the finish line, which was about 500 meters away. Winning this race was very important to me and I had rigorously practiced 2 hours a day for 2 weeks and had improved on every critical aspect like steering, braking, steep turning and other minor details which could lead to major failures during the race. I had adjusted the length of the stick to the optimum levels and checked the grips; I also had inspected the roads earlier that day and knew that I had to pass two speed breakers and a stretch that sloped at thirty degrees to reach the destination point. I was ready at the start line eager to hit the road. I was trained for this high-tension environment but yet drops of sweat trickled down my forehead. The sun was right above my head and there were people on either side of the road walking and screaming. When the signal was given I immediately pulled my stick and gave it a hard push. I made a good start but 50 meters down the track I saw two of them overtaking me and I was doing my best. I already could feel the wobbling in the tyre and I had to handle it carefully. I crossed the first speed breaker successfully and was heading towards another in the next 100 meters. I also gave a quick look at the back and was happy that two people had already gone off track because one could not manage the speed and another had failed over the speed breaker. I just had few more seconds and down went another on the slopes. He lost control too, I was concentrating and my legs were aching due to the high levels of stress. My palms were sweating and I couldn’t hold my stick and it had become slippery. I kept my fingers crossed and controlled it using various techniques that I had learnt. It was a tough competition now between the second player with a TVS 50 tyre and me with a cycle tyre. I had to prove that even cycle tyres are strong enough. The problem with the cycle tyre was that no matter how much u drive it with the stick it wouldn’t move and TVS 50 tyre also had some intrinsic disadvantages that after it starts moving it is very difficult to stop. I was very close to the finish line and he was just 3 meters behind. I had to rely on my physical strengths than my tyre. I said to myself that I would win this race. Just as I thought I tripped and fell down just 2 meters from the finish line but I managed to push the tyre hard just before I fell. The tyre understood my feelings and rolled on till the finish line and I WON!!! Hurray!!!!

This happened in my fourth standard during my schooling at bangalore. I really enjoyed playing with the tyre and also enjoyed other games like goli, lagoree, gilli thandu and kabaddi. I wonder why kids don’t play these games today and are so engrossed in television and computers....

27 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ennadhaa nee ippo computer munnaadi okaandhaalum, oru kaalathla koothaadi ku munnadi okaandhu kai thatnavan dhaaney..

10:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lovely picture. And great buildup :)

1:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dei, super message at the end of the post da ...

9:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

@Tamizhan,

Enna da sambandhame illama oru comment adichuruka nee ?

9:15 AM  
Blogger harry said...

i think this is a great post..you could have sustained the build up by revealing in the end to what u were referring to..and the pic should have come down after the post...anyways andhai i guess u have come of age in writing good articles keep it up..

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

vetti naye... ippo dhan manusangalukku puriyara madhiri eyudara... good keep it up... ppl frankly accept that u cld connect to the post.. i enjoyed those races but the track was much more difficult than urs :)

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

paravaa illaye.. ellaarkum purinjiduthu finally! n "intrinsic" apdinu oru puthu vaarthai kandu pidichita-nu theriyarthu.. athukaaga ivalo scene vendaam... :D nice buildup tho...

2:17 AM  
Blogger Revathi R said...

Really a good post.. The picture could have said it all, without disclosing what you played. It made a nice reading. Willcome back to see more such posts!

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm!! makes me wonder ...

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nalla irukke post...

andha naaL nyabaham nenjile vanthathe...

intha kaalaththu pasanga ellam computer munnadi utkaarnthu songiya poidraanga...enna solreenga?

5:04 PM  
Blogger Ponnarasi Kothandaraman said...

Tht was a nice post.. Title'kum ullayum thaan linkey illa????

3:48 AM  
Blogger Excited 2 B Alive said...

hey.... thanks for dropping in n that was a nice post n u have awesome snaps... where do u pick them up from??

9:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Seriously good stuff. I liked the imagination and the build up :D. Keep rolling ....

4:08 AM  
Blogger Bunky Jumping Pundit said...

@tamizhan

nandri hai...namma kudumba dialogue ippadi public la solladhe

@wicked angel

thanks for visiting...looking forward for more such comments

@veekay
romba nandri...nee than da nanban

@bibin
thanks!!! it signifies that children have forgot to play such games with the advent of machines like computers and television

@harry

thanks for your suggestion..i will try to improve next time

@prasad

next time ...u will read my blog yourselves...without my pressure

@mythreyee

terinchilo..ennaku normal english la kooda ezhudha teriyum

@revathi

welcome to my blog..thankyou for your suggestions

@arun

i think it's a first visit..sweet of u..

@sudarpunsey

romba nandri...palasa marakka kudadhu

@ponnarasi kodandaraman

thanks!!! refer @bibin

@excited to be alive!!!

thnks for visiting my blog...was glad that u liked it..i liked ur blog too...i pick the pics from www.gettyimages.com, thats a site which gives images based on concepts..u can type words like attitude, anger, embarassment etc..very good one..hope it is useful 2 u....

@serenader

thanks da!!!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Abhay said...

dint know how i got onto ur blog....but here's my view-

awesome....really brought back old memories....the games might have been different, but the memories we have of them are to be cherished forever.....

2:35 AM  
Blogger Confused said...

Nice post man.

2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent build up. You stumped me. keep it up.

btw, check this out, http://untamedunicorn.blogspot.com

looks something different

BR,
raj

5:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Puriyudhu da ne chinna vayasula pannadha ipo valarndhu bike vaangiyum panarenu puriyudhu:)
-Sangeetha

1:28 AM  
Blogger Madhu said...

:D idhanala dhan unna loosu nu solradhu..

btw, thesaurus use panni kavidhai ezhudharadha vittutiya? good, good.

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andhai.. nice posts. reading ur blog after a long time. nice thots, keep it up. why don u write someting from Gravity :p

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I meant FOR Gravity.

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on!
Vitamins valtrex Sauna naturiste belgique sex offender registry idiana demostration model nokia n-gage incorporating in new york lexapro and alcohol The sak blue handbag Diazepam 5mg comply 2d barcode scanner for mobile phone sex offenders Pci 2.2 slot same as pci

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

car insurance san diego
free online car insurance quote
car insurance rate
teen car insurance
car insurance for woman
car
insurance philadelphia

car insurance rats
compare car insurance quote
car insurance san diego
car insurance san diego
progressive car insurance quote
buy car insurance
cheap car insurance quote
car insurance quote online uk
infinity car insurance
auto insurance company
car insurance rate
car insurance los angeles
car insurance chicago
california car insurance
free car insurance quote
free car insurance quote
low cost car insurance online
best car insurance quote
rental car insurance
car insurance for woman
car insurance coverage
cheap online car insurance quote
discount car insurance
low cost car insurance online

http://cheap-car-insurance.quickfreehost.com

Random Keyword: :)
car insurance price

4:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for what You are doing!Information, that I managed to find here
is extremely useful and essential for me!With the best regards!
David

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for this place, where people can leave their ideas and opinions, it's great!With the best regards!

5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great design, useful info!This resourse is great!Keep it up!With the best regards!
Frank

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Engine marketing ppc search Mercedes a170 chat lesbianas chueca Rosacea morbihan

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home